Thank you for your interest in Jumpstart Wilmington!
Applications for the Jumpstart Wilmington program are accepted several times throughout the year. While the 2021 cohorts are at full enrollment, we are accepting applications in September 2021 for a rolling enrollment in 2022.
Should 2021 cohort seat(s) become available, candidates will be notified and invited to fill the vacant seat(s). Note: Applications are considered and reviewed on a first-come-first-serve basis.
In the meantime, please engage with us through our Jumpstart Wilmington complementary programming events.
To be added to our distribution list, please provide your contact information HERE.
Application Dates For 2022 Cohorts
Application Opens: September 27, 2021
Applications Close: October 15, 2021
Applicants Notified By: November 1, 2021
Your notification email will indicate if your application has been:
- Approved - you have met the review criteria and will be assigned to a cohort once the 2022 Jumpstart Wilmington schedule is finalized;
- Pending - additional information is needed to further consider your application for approval;
- Denied - You have not met our review criteria and will not be assigned to a cohort.
*Be sure to check your spam folder in case notifications get caught there.
Applications are considered and reviewed on a first-come-first-serve basis and will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
- Candidates who reside in Wilmington are preferred but this is not necessarily a requirement.
- Applicants display a strong interest and commitment to developing in Wilmington.
- This is an aspiring developer training program and, therefore, candidates with little to no experience are encouraged to apply. Candidates who have some level of development experience are also welcome to apply as they have valuable perspectives to contribute to the program.
If approved, program participants will be expected to:
- Attend (1) 2-hour orientation session
- Attend (4) 3-hour weekly training sessions
- Complete program evaluations
Please Note: In order to be eligible for a mentor, you must attend all sessions.
- We plan to have 4 cohorts in 2022
- Each cohort will consist of 20-30 people
- Cohort dates – TBD
We allow a limited amount of people per cohort to participate in the program without requiring a commitment to individually develop properties in Wilmington (i.e. audit) if they demonstrate a strong interest in implementing a Jumpstart program in another city or state, or are a leader of a Wilmington community organization interested in/currently engaged in developing properties in Wilmington. Please be advised, as an auditor of the program, you will not be paired with a mentor. To confirm eligibility to audit the program and receive further instructions for this process, please contact Dionna J. Sargent.