Thank you for your interest in Jumpstart Wilmington!
Our 2022 application period is now closed. Applicants will be notified of their application status by August 26, 2022. Please check back for information and dates of upcoming application rounds. If you would like to be added to our distribution list to receive information about upcoming Jumpstart Wilmington events and application rounds, please enter your contact information here.
Applicants who are accepted from the July 2022 application round will be considered for placement in our 2023 Jumpstart Wilmington cohorts. Our current 2022 cohorts are full. Should 2022 cohort seat(s) become available, candidates will be notified and invited to fill the vacant seat(s). Note: Applications are considered and reviewed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
In the meantime, please engage with us through our Jumpstart Wilmington complementary programming events.
- Attend our Quarterly Developer Networking Events
- Attend our Monthly Kickstart Sessions
- Join our Jumpstart Wilmington Facebook Page
- Follow our Jumpstart Wilmington LinkedIn Page
To be added to our distribution list, please provide your contact information HERE.
Most Recent Application Round Information
Application Opened: Monday, July 11, 2022
Application Closed: Friday, July 29, 2022
Applicants Notified By: Friday, August 26, 2022
Your notification email will indicate if your application has been:
- Approved - You have met the review criteria and will be assigned to a cohort once the 2023 Jumpstart Wilmington schedule is finalized;
- Denied - You have not met our review criteria and will not be assigned to a cohort; or
- Additional information is needed to further consider your application for approval.
*Be sure to check your spam folder in case notifications get caught there.
Applications are considered and reviewed on a first-come-first-serve basis and will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
- Whether or not the applicant lives in Wilmington. Candidates who reside in Wilmington are preferred but not necessarily required.
- Applicant’s interest and commitment to developing in Wilmington. Candidates must have a strong interest and commitment to developing in Wilmington. Candidates interested in developing outside of Wilmington will not be considered.
- Applicant’s overall development experience. This is an aspiring developer training program and, therefore, candidates with little to no experience are encouraged to apply. Candidates who have some level of development experience are also welcomed to apply as they have valuable perspectives to contribute to the program.
Important Note: You must be a Delaware resident to apply. Candidates who reside outside of Delaware will not be considered.
If approved, program participants will be expected to:
- Attend (1) 2.5-hour orientation session,
- Attend (4) 3-hour weekly training sessions,
- Complete program evaluations
Please Note: In order to be eligible for a mentor, you must attend all sessions.
- We plan to have 2 to 4 cohorts in 2023
- Each cohort will consist of approximately 20 people
- Cohort dates – TBD
We allow a limited amount of people per cohort to participate in the program without requiring a commitment to individually develop properties in Wilmington (i.e. audit) if they demonstrate a strong interest in implementing a Jumpstart program in another city or state, or are a leader of a Wilmington community organization interested in/currently engaged in developing properties in Wilmington. Please be advised, as an auditor of the program, you will not be paired with a mentor. To confirm eligibility to audit the program and receive further instructions for this process, please contact Dionna J. Sargent at email@example.com.