Thank you for your interest in the Jumpstart Wilmington program!
We will have two application rounds in 2021 (Round 2 – March 29th and Round 3 – September 27th). Applicants that are accepted from these application rounds will be considered for placement in our 2022 Jumpstart Wilmington cohorts as our current 2021 cohorts are full. Should 2021 cohort seat(s) become available, candidates will be notified and invited to fill the vacant seat(s). Note: Applications are considered and reviewed on a first come first serve basis.
In the meantime, please engage with us through our Jumpstart Wilmington complementary programming events.
To be added to our distribution list, please provide your contact information HERE.
Upcoming Application Rounds
Applications Opens: March 29, 2021
Applications Close: April 16 2021
Applicants Notified By: May 3, 2021
Application Opens: September 27, 2021
Applications Close: October 15, 2021
Applicants Notified By: November 1, 2021
Your notification email will indicate if your application has been:
Approved – You have met the review criteria and will be assigned to a cohort once the 2022 Jumpstart Wilmington schedule is finalized;
Denied – You have not met our review criteria and will not be assigned to a cohort; or
If additional information is needed to further consider your application for approval.
Applications are considered and reviewed on a first come first serve basis and will be review based on the following criteria:
- Whether or not the applicant lives in Wilmington. Candidates who reside in Wilmington are preferred by not necessarily required.
- Applicants interest and commitment in developing in Wilmington. Candidates must have a strong commitment and interest in development in Wilmington.
- Applicants overall development experience. This is an aspiring developer training program and, therefore, candidates with little to no experience are encouraged to apply. Candidates who have some level of development experience are also welcome to apply as they have valuable perspectives to contribute to the program.
If approved, program participants will be expected to attend:
- (1) 2-hour orientation session and
- (4) 3-hour weekly training sessions
Please Note: In order to be eligible for a mentor, you must attend all sessions.
- We plan to have 4 cohorts in 2022
- Each cohort will consist of 20-30 people
- Cohort dates – TBD
We allow a limited amount of people per cohort to participate in the program without requiring a commitment to individually develop properties in Wilmington (i.e. audit) if they demonstrate a strong interest in implementing a Jumpstart program in another city or state, or are a leader of a Wilmington community organization interested in/currently engaged in developing properties in Wilmington. Please be advised, as an auditor of the program, you will not be paired with a mentor. To confirm eligibility to audit the program and receive further instructions for this process, please contact Dionna J. Sargent at 302-298-3866.