Thank you for your interest in Jumpstart Wilmington!
The application round for the 2024 & 2025 cohorts will open in 2024.
Stay tuned for more details and be prepared to submit your applications during that time. If you would like to be added to our distribution list to receive information about upcoming Jumpstart Wilmington events and application rounds, please enter your contact information here.
In the meantime, please engage with us through our Jumpstart Wilmington complementary programming events.
NEXT Application Round
The application round for the 2024 & 2025 cohorts will open in 2024. To be added to our distribution list and be notified of our next application round, please provide your contact information HERE.
Applications are considered and reviewed on a first-come-first-serve basis and will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
- Whether or not the applicant lives in Wilmington. Candidates who reside in Wilmington are preferred but not necessarily required.
- Applicant’s interest and commitment to developing in Wilmington. Candidates must have a strong interest and commitment to developing in Wilmington. Candidates interested in developing outside of Wilmington will not be considered.
- Applicant’s overall development experience. This is an aspiring developer training program and, therefore, candidates with little to no experience are encouraged to apply. Candidates who have some level of development experience are also welcomed to apply as they have valuable perspectives to contribute to the program.
Important Note: You must be a Delaware resident to apply. Candidates who reside outside of Delaware will not be considered.
If approved, program participants will be expected to:
- Attend (1) 2.5-hour orientation session,
- Attend (4) 3-hour weekly training sessions,
- Complete program evaluations
Please Note: In order to be eligible for a mentor, you must attend all sessions.
- Information regarding the 2024 & 2025 cohorts coming soon.
We allow a limited amount of people per cohort to participate in the program without requiring a commitment to individually develop properties in Wilmington (i.e. audit) if they demonstrate a strong interest in implementing a Jumpstart program in another city or state, or are a leader of a Wilmington community organization interested in/currently engaged in developing properties in Wilmington. Please be advised, as an auditor of the program, you will not be paired with a mentor. To confirm eligibility to audit the program and receive further instructions for this process, please contact Dionna J. Sargent at email@example.com.