Thank you for your interest in Jumpstart Wilmington!
JULY 2022 APPLICANTS
The application status for applicants from our July 2022 application round were notified by email on August 26, 2022. Please check your email for your application review status. Please remember to check your spam or junk mail.
We received over 100 applications and due to overwhelming interest in our 2023 cohorts, many strong applications, and limited seats for each cohort, we were unable to offer all applicants a seat for a 2023 cohort. However, those with an acceptable application who have not been offered a 2023 cohort slot will be placed on our waitlist and will be automatically considered for a spot in our 2023 cohort should a seat become available or will be automatically considered for a 2024 cohort slot. Please review your application status email for additional information.
Please check back for information and dates of upcoming application rounds. If you would like to be added to our distribution list to receive information about upcoming Jumpstart Wilmington events and application rounds, please enter your contact information here.
In the meantime, please engage with us through our Jumpstart Wilmington complementary programming events.
- Attend our Developer Networking Events
- Attend our Monthly Kickstart Sessions
- Join our Jumpstart Wilmington Facebook Page
- Follow our Jumpstart Wilmington LinkedIn Page
To be added to our distribution list, please provide your contact information HERE.
NEXT Application Round
We currently do not have a date for our next application round. To be added to our distribution list and be notified of our next application round, please provide your contact information HERE.
Applications are considered and reviewed on a first-come-first-serve basis and will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
- Whether or not the applicant lives in Wilmington. Candidates who reside in Wilmington are preferred but not necessarily required.
- Applicant’s interest and commitment to developing in Wilmington. Candidates must have a strong interest and commitment to developing in Wilmington. Candidates interested in developing outside of Wilmington will not be considered.
- Applicant’s overall development experience. This is an aspiring developer training program and, therefore, candidates with little to no experience are encouraged to apply. Candidates who have some level of development experience are also welcomed to apply as they have valuable perspectives to contribute to the program.
Important Note: You must be a Delaware resident to apply. Candidates who reside outside of Delaware will not be considered.
If approved, program participants will be expected to:
- Attend (1) 2.5-hour orientation session,
- Attend (4) 3-hour weekly training sessions,
- Complete program evaluations
Please Note: In order to be eligible for a mentor, you must attend all sessions.
- We plan to have two cohorts in 2023
- Each cohort will consist of approximately 20 people
- Cohort dates – To be determined
We allow a limited amount of people per cohort to participate in the program without requiring a commitment to individually develop properties in Wilmington (i.e. audit) if they demonstrate a strong interest in implementing a Jumpstart program in another city or state, or are a leader of a Wilmington community organization interested in/currently engaged in developing properties in Wilmington. Please be advised, as an auditor of the program, you will not be paired with a mentor. To confirm eligibility to audit the program and receive further instructions for this process, please contact Dionna J. Sargent at email@example.com.